Promoting Data Literacy with Intelligent BI
Kree Govender, Managing Director
South Africa Qlik Master Reseller
In a technological world, the ability to derive meaningful information from data has become a top critical skill. According to Qlik, “Today, data literacy is as important as reading and writing, but we’re facing a major skills gap.” In addition to data literacy training programmes, a key driver of adoption and understanding is interaction.
Qlik Sense, an intuitive business intelligence (BI) and visual analytics platform driven by a unique cognitive engine, effectively drives data literacy across the globe.
Promoting Data Literacy for Everyone
Industry 4.0 is leading to digitally transformed industries across the globe. The key to remaining competitive in this environment is ensuring that every person in every organisation is data literate. Qlik Sense aids organisations in achieving this through interactive analysis, smart analytics, and the power to explore data anytime, from anywhere.
Qlik Sense empowers users to access interactive analyses without boundaries. This is driven by its cognitive engine, which makes the tool intuitive, allowing users to dive deeper into their data than ever before. Users enjoy the ability to:
- Ask any question
- Explore across all data using global search and interactive selections to find reliable answers fast
- Watch as analytics update instantly with each click, revealing both related and unrelated values – allowing users to explore further or shift their analysis in entirely new directions
- No limits to exploration and no blind spots
With smart analytics, innovative visualisations present data in the right context, immediately giving the user an answer to any question. Smart analytics empower users to:
- Explore the shape of data and pinpoint outliers
- Leverage multi-layer maps and powerful geographic calculation
- Dive into advanced analytics calculations from R and Python using simple clicks
- Delve deeper with AI-powered insight suggestions and conversational analytics
Explore Data Anytime, From Anywhere
With Qlik Sense, users can explore, create and collaborate on any device. No matter where they are, or whether they’re working on a laptop, iPad, cellphone, or tablet, users can:
- Create analytics faster with AI-recommendations for data relationships and chart types
- Leverage responsive design and touch interaction
- Utilise apps built once, for different use cases, from anywhere
- Get fully interactive offline analysis on iOS
- Enjoy support for leading Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) platforms
How Does This Drive Data Literacy?
The more you work with data, the more you question it and argue with it, the more you begin to understand it. With easy access to reliable information, presented in clear visualisations, data literacy becomes commonplace.