The Multi-Cloud Capabilities of Qlik Sense
Adam Barrie-Smith, Chief Technology Officer
South Africa Qlik Master Reseller
As Qlik customers across the world migrate from QlikView to Qlik Sense, and many more implement Qlik Sense as greenfield projects, its enhanced multi-cloud capabilities empower users to embrace cloud analytics on their own terms.
Why Cloud Analytics?
Public and private clouds offer scalable data storage and computing capabilities. However, particularly in South Africa where cloud adoption is still relatively new, legacy systems and security and compliance regulations necessitate maintaining some level of on-premise data storage.
Here’s How Qlik Sense Helps
According to Qlik: “Qlik Sense Enterprise enables a full range of analytics users and use cases, on a new multi-cloud architecture that allows access to analytics in multiple cloud and-on premises sites, delivering flexibility and governance at scale, regardless of where data is stored or how the platform is deployed.”
Qlik Sense’s Unique Benefits
With the addition of these new multi-cloud capabilities, you can do even more with your Qlik Sense Enterprise deployment to:
- Scale Analytics Consumption– reach wider audiences, leveraging more cloud services for cost efficiency and simplicity
- Implement Policy-Based Analytics– set user and application policies at the onset
- Expand to New Users– whether inside or outside of your network, region or organisation, you can choose who to extend analytics to
New Multi-Cloud Features
- Qlik Cloud Services
- Qlik Sense Enterprise with containers in the cloud of your choice
- Policy driven workload distribution
- New hub experience
- Single license
- Single login
- Scale with containers
What Does This Mean?
Ongoing Deployment Choice
Qlik Sense enables users to distribute applications from a single tenant cloud or on-premise deployment of Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows to new highly-elastic and scalable cloud environments for consumption and interaction. This allows you to evolve as your business’s data- and application-specific needs change over time.
Optimise Cloud Computing
This solution is purpose built with multi-cloud capabilities, specifically designed to ensure users experience a unified platform that easily and economically scales, regardless of the different on-premise and cloud infrastructures used. This means users enjoy:
- Open and extensible microservices architecture, built with cloud native, containerised software that allows services to migrate across different on-premise and cloud environments
- The power to define policies about where data is stored, processed and/or shared without moving data sets and while respecting data location requirements
- Managing their entire multi-cloud analytics solution as one, based on predefined policies about where data is stored and how applications are distributed
Seamless Experience Across Environments
Qlik Sense is built for any user, on any device, whether online or offline. This ensures that users have an equally rich, consistent Qlik Sense experience whether they’re accessing analytics on-premise or in the cloud.