Alerts: The Key to User Adoption
By James Hickman, Managing Director
South Africa Qlik Master Reseller
Organisations around the world are investing heavily in business intelligence (BI) tools and products. In this digital age, this is certainly considered money well spent. However, if employees do not utilise the BI tools or platforms, do they really hold any value? Statistics show that user adoption is as low as 51% – but it also provides the answer: proactive alerts.
Why Do Users Enter Dashboards?
- To find information;
- To arm themselves in the quest for making strategic decisions; and
- To prepare for a meeting or presentation.
Proactive Alerts = More Usage = More Actionable Insights
If an alert is received every time a triggering event occurs within the BI tool, users will be more likely to log in and engage with the data. This ensures increased user adoption and drives the full use of the BI investment.
Implementing Proactive Alerts
South Africa Qlik Master Reseller has partnered with Rox AI to deliver Ping; a value add product for the Qlik BI and Analytics Platform. The Ping solution offers:
- Proactive alerts to Qlik users when data changes
- Bolt-on products like broadcast alerts to notify a predefined group of users
- The Ping Bot which notifies users that an alert was triggered and why, according to algorithms
- Multiple language processing
The result of these alerts is that more people are being taken back into the Qlik platform more often. The more they use it, the more features they discover. This not only increases user adoption, but user experience as well.
Benefits of Rox AI
- Increased user adoption.
- Ensures users embrace a more data driven approach, driving the culture of becoming data driven organisation.
- Inspires the development of data literacy. When people are data literate, they can both understand and argue with the data. Alerts can trigger this process.
Who Will Benefit Most?
The Rox AI value add product has the potential to benefit Qlik customers across the board. For Enterprise Accounts, telecoms, financial services, and government agencies and ministries are set to enjoy greater use and insights, for example. Mid-Market customers and sub-resellers will greatly benefit too.
Launching soon is the Ping RPA (Robotic Process Automation) function, which will create a record every time an alert is triggered. This process will be 100% automated, so users won’t have to log in to create a record of the alert.
In the second half of 2019, Rox AI plans to launch GEO Ping in Africa. This functionality enables proximity based alerts. In the United Kingdom, this is already being used with great success in crime prevention, alerting the police when a known suspect enters an officer’s proximity.