By James Hickman, Managing Director
South Africa Qlik Master Reseller
The QlikView solution was originally developed to bridge the gap between traditional business intelligence (BI) solutions and inadequate spreadsheet applications. This was successfully achieved and brought about an age of centrally deployed Guided Analytics. As the solution continued to develop, Qlik Sense was born – offering greater self-service solutions, and delivering a platform that truly ties together everything from guided to embedded analytics and reporting.
Now the question arises, “I enjoy working on Qlik View, I know how it works. Why should I move to Qlik Sense?”
Should you switch from QlikView to Qlik Sense?
While the Qlik Sense front end is new (and improved), the tool itself offers various “deeper” solution benefits than Qlik View. These include:
- Driving the adoption of true self-service BI
- Highly flexible governance repository
- Responsive design optimising mobility features
Driving Data Literacy For All Skill Levels
Qlik Sense draws on its core; the associative engine. Combined with this, new augmented intelligence capabilities ensure that users are supported in discovering insights that query-based BI tools usually miss. Through interactive analysis without boundaries, simply smarter analytics, and the freedom to explore on any device, data analysis for anyone, from anywhere becomes a reality.
Qlik Sense offers:
- The power to search and explore across all data freely
- Instant analysis shifts when new ideas surface
- Machine suggestions and automation powered by the Qlik cognitive engine
- Total flexibility with a multi-cloud data analytics platform that supports the full spectrum of BI use cases
The Four Key Advantages of Qlik Sense
Empower Analysts & Users
When all data sources are combined, Qlik’s associative engine indexes every possible relationship in the data. This means that users gain immediate insights and can explore the data in any direction.
The key to making better decisions is for the entire team to have access to all the same, correct information. Qlik Sense empowers teams to work together through:
- Analytical apps that can be accessed and shared from a centralised place, creating a unified hub
- Trusted data models, analytics and visualisations empowering teams to collaborate securely
- Empowering teams to share data-driven stories, without leaving their analysis
Scale for Enterprise
As a powerful enterprise-class analytics solution, Qlik Sense can be used for any BI use case, including:
- Self-service visualisation, accelerated by machine assistance and automation
- Guided analytics
- Embedded analytics
- Mobile exploration
- Reporting, delivered quickly and easily in a variety of popular formats, including Office and pixel perfect PDFs
Three product editions ensure the right tool and capabilities are available for the right customer or organisation:
- Qlik Sense Cloud Basic: For getting started
- Qlik Sense Cloud Business: For individuals and teams
- Qlik Sense Enterprise: For larger organisations
So why move from QlikView to QlikSense?
To access an end-to-end data analytics platform without blind spots, empowering you to do the unimaginable with your data.